XPress after Installation - Program and Layout Preferences
[July 10, 2019] My typical steps on the Mac after installing XPress for the first time or losing all preferences. I'm only talking about the new or less known settings:
- I create a file in the old XPress version and save it.
- I call the Append command under File and navigate to the file just saved from the older program version and open it in this dialog.
Then I switch to the Source Setups and add the European Source Settings to my program from the "Old File" where these settings are always available.
- In the program Preferences under Color Manager I select the desired and just imported Source Setup:
- In the Open and Save pane, I reset the Find/Change History (=Hold and Retrieve) of search results to 0 instances, so I can search for double spaces and similar character combinations at any time.
- I set the Virtual Memory to 1024 MB for the PDF creation settings..
- In the Content Tools preferences, I choose the Select Boxes option so that the Content Tools remain Content Tools rather than constantly creating small boxes.
- At the latest now XPress should be restarted.