[May 28, 2020] Quark has made the new version 16.0, which is marketed under the name QuarkXPress 2020, available in the download area.
New features are to be reported:
- Variable page size via additionally created master pages.
- Font loading from additional folders (XPress can activate fonts from folders that are either next to the layout file or have been previously assigned – Quark calls it font management). The feature is completed by the fact that XPress now activates fonts loaded without having to close the file or the program.
- Windows: configurable shortcuts
- Page Duplication in the Page Layout palette
- Additional InDesign functions are implemented during IDML import.
- PDF Import now also recognizes the ArtBox and the BoundingBox.
- Enumeration indentation level can be included in style sheets (good for tables of contents).
- Paragraph cohesion function now also works for column spanned paragraphs
- The massive weaknesses of the new table feature introduced a year ago with QX 2019 seem to have been resolved.